I only started writing and singing my songs last September: that's less than a year ago.  Never having sung with a band before, I'm scared of forgetting my words or just totally freezing up. From time to time I step back in shock, and wonder what I've let myself in for.  I reckon the key is preparation.  I just hope there is enough time left before the Festival.  It's hard enough to get the band together for a rehearsal, never mind a gig.  Luckily the band members are all fantastic musicians and have fed in a lot of ideas to the final arrangements.

The truth is, once I'm singing, I just love it.  The songs were never intended to be funny: I always start trying to write something deep and meaningful, soulful and melodic.  But somehow, they quickly turned into hysterically wacky pieces. I was obviously not meant to be a serious poet.

Comments

  1. Band members: Linda Campbell (aka Val Vamp) on accordion
    Al Grieve on guitar
    Sandie Benzie on sax
    Wilf Smarties on bass guitar
    Anna Durkacz on vocals and fiddle (and even button accordion)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you play in the Fringe Anna.Great blog well done xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog